Birmingham, Ala.: Champion Sports Medicine has announced the launch of its innovative Run Safe Program, a comprehensive program that addresses injury risk factors and drives improvement in athletic performance for athletes of all skill levels.
The medically-based program, comprised of the Run Safe Kit and Run Safe App, builds strength and endurance and minimizes injury risk. With 46% of the more than 40 million runners in the United States reporting some type of running-related injury, the Run Safe Program creates a foundation of success for individuals who incorporate running into their training regimen.
The program includes:
- Pre-run Routine. Prepares the athlete for competition and/or training through dynamic stretches designed to facilitate full range of motion and proper movement.
- Post-run Routine. Fatigue-state training routine that improves movement in the later stages of the run when injury and performance issues are most likely to occur.
- Standardized Exercise Progression Recommendations. Four levels of progression are recommended based on each athlete?s individual ability.
?Our motivation for creating this program was simple: we believe it is vital that we empower athletes with the support they need to meet their performance goals and avoid injury,? said Trent Nessler, PT, MPT, DPT, Regional Director, Champion Sports Medicine. ?The Run Safe Program, which was developed as a result of research and development as well as on-the-field application, will create a foundation for success for athletes.?
The Run Safe Kit provides all necessary items for the athlete to perform the exercises with proper form and technique.
?Not all equipment is the same, so standardizing the equipment the athlete uses is essential to ensuring they achieve the desired outcome,? said Brandon Farish, CSCS, Director of Athletic Performance, Champion Sports Medicine. ?By standardizing the equipment with some of the latest innovations by Theraband®, combined with our research in athletics, we are able to ensure runners utilize the most effective exercises to reduce injury rates and improve performance?.
The free Run Safe App, which is available on IOS and Android, includes the following components:
- Instructional videos that demonstrate the proper technique when performing the exercises included in the program.
- Breakdown of each of the exercises in the pre- and post-run routine.
- Sequence in which the exercises should be completed to ensure optimal training impact and athlete safety.
The Run Safe App is available for free download from the Apple Store and Google Play Store. The Run Safe Kit may be purchased by emailing Brandon Farish at [email protected] or by contacting a local Champion Sports Medicine location in the state of Alabama. For a complete listing of CSM facilities across the state, please visit csmsportsmedicine.com.
About Champion Sports Medicine
Founded in 2004 by Kevin Wilk, P.T., DPT, FAPTA, Champion Sports Medicine is a known leader in sports medicine and part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. Champion's comprehensive sports medicine network is the largest in the state of Alabama with 25 outpatient centers, 50 licensed athletic trainers, 50 physical therapists and five collegiate and 40 high school partnerships. Through our years of commitment to the physicians, coaches and patients of Alabama, Champion Sports Medicine is the chosen provider of some of the top local and professional athletes and #WhereTheProsGo for physical therapy services.
For more information, please visit csmsportsmedicine.com.